Believe everything has been covered in the above posts:
Here’s what I did/do:
1. YouTube Videos. Some good videos out there and almost all the videos have some little technique or method that I had not tried before.
2. Take a class. I took a week long course when I bought my first machine (the instructor is retired now). There are several great schools out there. Still planning to get to William Holland School for some additional training.
3. Work with a gem cutter/instructor and spend a couple of days one-on-one. I have done this recently when I needed some advanced training.
4. Go to Tucson and attend USFG events at the Old Pueblo Lapidary Club in Tucson…you will enjoy it, you will meet a lot of other cutters, and you can take some classes.
5. Look around this site for opportunities.