Forums Beginner Questions Checking Ultra Tec Calibration/Adding Dial Indicator Attachment Reply To: Checking Ultra Tec Calibration/Adding Dial Indicator Attachment

scottwkelley
Participant
@scottwkelley

First facet. I will cut to a pre determined depth, 220. Bring in all all facets, get my meets even at 220. After that I move to the 1200 and pre polish those facets, mains of the pavilion, I do the same for the girdle on the crown ( depending on how much material there is). Here again all meets in, after that to the cerium topper, done. Eye clean at least and fix for perfection. Polishing is an art, but it does help to set up for that perfection, all the prep work to get there has to be perfect at best.
Trust your machine, trust your eye. Learn your laps, the highs and the lows when turning.For even girdles make sure everything is flat to each other. I used a piece of glass in transfer to get an idea and asses my machine and laps. They are all a little different.
There are a lot of articles, my fav is https://usfacetersguild.org/thoughts-on-polishing-with-diamond/

Good luck and have fun, making sized pairs and full sets.