Forums General Discussion 2019 Competition

55 replies, 24 voices Last updated by James Clark 2 weeks ago
Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author

davidechols
    Participant
    @davidechols

Got a laugh out of the miss spelling. I am not the only one that miss spells a lot. Congratulations on that score. Competition must have been close to not place at least 3rd.

Rick_Brooker
    Participant
    @Rick_Brooker

I think it should be marked off 5 points @ 100% for word alignment.

dougpam
    Participant
    @dougpam

I hope that the USFG is going to send replacement certificates out to the participants that qualified or placed. It’s embarrassing to have anyone see a certificate with incorrect spelling coming from a competition that honors exacting standards.

omeganeko
    Participant
    @omeganeko

Yeah, when I got the score I was stoked. I agree with Doug on this. We spend a lot of time getting thing right on the stones. A corrected certificate would be nice.

gailbumala
    Participant
    @gailbumala

Ha, ha, Doug, you made me spit coffee out of my nose!

Dear Friends, I know sending a stone in with so much work is something of an emotional thing. Each stone represents hours and hours of work–especially for Novice stones. Whatever happened, which will likely be discovered eventually, the people in this guild–especially those who step up to help–are good people. This is a good lesson for all of us to understand the most important lesson here: a little communication is a good thing. If you have concerns–go to the one most likely to know. If you don’t know–ask who you should contact. If someone contacts you–give them the best information you have. It’s tough to always know what is best to do, so have a little grace with one another. This forum is hardly a place where people can respond quickly.

Another thing–It takes a while to judge Novice stones, so be patient with turnaround once they’re in. A novice stone usually has many more issues than a more advanced stone, so takes longer to score and comment on. In return you will be rewarded with very helpful guidance from the judges.

davidechols
    Participant
    @davidechols

The key word is volunteers. All officers of the USFG are volunteers. I thank them for making the usfg possible.

scottwkelley
    Participant
    @scottwkelley

I received my pre-master stone back and my wife wanted me to take a picture of the participation certificate to show how competition was spelled copletition, check it out. I laugh but some may find this not so.

filinovpavel
    Participant
    @filinovpavel

Good day. Judging by the discussion on the forum, the results of the competition are already known. How and where can they be recognized?

Alan Balmer
    Keymaster
    @alanbalmer

The December newsletter will announce the awards and publish the names and scores of everyone who qualifies for certification.

filinovpavel
    Participant
    @filinovpavel

Many thanks. Best wishes to everyone.

James Clark
    Participant
    @jamesclark

Pavel,
    I just saw your results on Facebook. You can’t beat 100!!!!
    Well done!

Jim Clark

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.