Forums General Discussion 2020 International Faceting Challenge

Tagged: , ,

0 replies, 1 voice Last updated by  JTheesfeld 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

JTheesfeld
    Participant
    @JTheesfeld

The very beginning of the USFG was based on a USA Team of Faceters, getting together to share information about the Australian, International Faceting Challenge (IFC). That tradition continues on today, as an individual, as well as a Cup Team challenge.

History of the International Challenge Cup Competition

As the USFG Historian, I would very much like to keep that tradition alive, and help organize the next generation USA Team of faceters, for the IFC Cup. The AFG has asked me to be the USA Co-Coordinator for the 2020 IFC, and I have accepted.

The USFG is represented in 1 of the 5 competition designs, “The Queen’s Fancy”, by USFG’s very own Ernie Hawes. There have been many changes to the IFC which should be attractive to this “Next Generation” competitor. The faceter may choose any 3 of 5 designs, one of which is a concave cut design. There is also the Section C, “Open design” where the faceter must generate their own cut pattern, as part of the scoring for that gem. Also, participation is FREE!!!…see IFC details below.

The latest IFC announcement, designs and rules can be found at:

https://www.facetorsguild.com.au/2020-IFC-Compition

Please contact me with any questions about this competition. I encourage/challenge everyone, around the world, all USFG international members, old and new, to participate in this historical 2020 competition. Best of luck!!!

Jeff Theesfeld
    USFG Historian

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.