Forums Faceting Machines faceting machines

1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by jweiss 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

gemmakermz
      Participant
      @gemmakermz

finally we are getting more people into faceting but the price of new machines are going out of site. i teach faceting to newbies and faceting teachers. i have cut on nearly every brand of machine out there. but to my students i only recommend the ultra tec V2 and V5 and also the raytech/shaw. i have a collection of machines like justin prim has. now have students looking at the china made machine and asking if their ok, my answer is no and yes. if you have the mechanical skills and machines or access to them those china machines can be made usable. i do not recommend a direct drive arbor on motor shaft as your stuck with one speed–fast– and not good for polishing. the masts on the china machines are not trued and the swing across the lap is not level. i have been cutting for 59 years and have never seen such a slopy mast. if you do think about a china machine or have one you may need to view the video posted by patrick donahue a member of the lakeside gem and mineral club of kennewick wa., posted on youtube. he bought one of the better ones and tried it out, then got with me and we corrected all the failing, i believe you’ll find this interesting. if you have questions feel free to contact me (gemmakermz@cs.com)

jweiss
      Participant
      @jweiss

I sent you an email with a few questions.

Joe W.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by jweiss. Reason: edit: set notification notice
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.