Forums Techniques, Tricks, and Tips Gem Cad on Mac?

Tagged: 

5 replies, 3 voices Last updated by bthomason 3 weeks ago
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

mr-john
    Participant
    @Mr.John

Does anyone have advice for running Gem Cad for Windows on a Mac?
    Thanks

Alan Balmer
    Keymaster
    @alanbalmer

There was a discussion about this on GemologyOnline: https://www.gemologyonline.com/Forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7234

mr-john
    Participant
    @Mr.John

Thanks for the link to the forum, Alan! It’s a few years old, but no reason it wouldn’t work.

mr-john
    Participant
    @Mr.John

I was able to use Crossover as described in the Gemology Online link, but I’m having the same issue as one of the posters in that string:

“The only issue that i have is regarding the printer. I can print any diagrams i want (so far, no problem) BUT it doesn’t want to print the angles and indexes. AND when i look at the print preview, it directly shows the same mistakes encountered on the actual printing. SO, i am pretty sure that the problem doesn’t come from my printer but elsewhere? Any guesses? Advices? Any help would be more than welcomed!”

On screen the program works well and all appears normal. I can even enter all the information I want into the diagram. However, that’s where the fun ends. A preview of the diagram finds the cutting instructions garbled and unusable. And like the person above states, the printed instruction has the same unusable appearance.

Does anyone have any insights as to what may cure this issue?

mr-john
    Participant
    @Mr.John

I finally came across Gem Cut Studio https://gemcutstudio.com/ This program is awesome and has a 30 day free trial. It is the solution to cutters with Mac computers.

bthomason
    Participant
    @bthomason

Try creating a folder on your desktop. before you try to print, save the diagram in that folder. go to the folder, then print.
    If you don’t want to keep the diagram. just delete it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.