Forums General Discussion Graves Company?

28 replies, 25 voices Last updated by gemstonechrisb 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Rick_Brooker
    Participant
    @Rick_Brooker

I put in an online order last week and it was shipped the next day. No problems.

jasonking
    Participant
    @jasonking

Im not bashing but they treated my like crap and almost two years later still have not received the replacement. I called left emails i was ignored still beimg ignored.

mike1187
    Participant
    @Mike1187

As a quick update here, I share a similar disappointing experience recently. I placed an order in early February, and waited several weeks for a package…

When it didn’t arrive, I sent them an E-Mail, and it got bounced back by the server. So I tried to send an E-Mail to a second e-mail address I found, and it too was returned as un-deliverable. I tried calling MANY times and always got a message telling me the voicemail was full and to hang up.

Then about a month or so after I placed my order, I did finally receive a partial order. They were kind enough to charge me the full shipping charges on this first partial order even though these items would have easily fit inside the package for my full order. The packing slip said the remainder of the order will be shipped free (I’m ok with that), but I still don’t know if/when the rest of my order will ever be shipped.

I suspect that if they have your items in-stock and they are in a good mood, you may get your order fairly quickly… but if they don’t have your item in stock, or change their mind about selling your items, your order just goes into a black hole somewhere.

I’m still hopeful that someday the rest of my order will be shipped, but I can’t say that I’d order from them again.

vancleave89
    Participant
    @vancleave89

I placed an order with Graves in October of 2018 for roughly $120. After attempting to contact them over the course of the next three months I realized that I was probably never getting my items or money back. I decided to file a claim through paypal in March of 2019 and recieved my refund. It is a shame because I own a Mark 4 machine and really like it but will never want to order from Graves ever again. Hopefully something turns around in their customer service, I would really like to see them make a strong comeback.

ronjansson
    Participant
    @RonJansson

Okey, I stopped by Graves in Pompano Beach last Tuesday . I stopped trying to call that place a year ago. From what I can see it’s like a one man show. The guy there stays way too busy to answer phones. July 2hd I too ordered a Mark 5 machine At that time he said to give it a week, I knew better, but still…
    So, when I spoke to him the other day he said he expected the machine by Friday or next Monday< that’s today, and NO, he still hasn’t called. but I’m cool. Had I ordered something from china it may take two months or more. Right?

TDaniel
    Participant
    @TDaniel

Does anyone know where else to go for service or spare parts? I’m in SC. Maybe one of the Franklin, NC guys?

gemmakermz
    Participant
    @gemmakermz

i have an old mark one with the big motor two speed. i’m going to cut that off at end of aluminum base and replace with a small high torque 110vdc motor and speed control i got from china(motor $15)tested. as for any parts etc. i will make them, doing so for an ultra tec missing the head. and making dops for others whom can find any or the maker is charging an arm and leg for them. this head i’ve made completely as they have none for older machines just made dops for lee for michigan guild members to get started. i’ll be 80 soon but as long as i can i will see/help faceters get going and keep going.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

steveerichards
    Participant
    @steveerichards

gemmakermz, what is the model numbers on the motor and speed control so I may order them?

Thanks

Frank1985
    Participant
    @Frank1985

Any updates on Graves? I have an old Mark IV and would like to buy some spare parts. But based on comments here and on other forums I’m reluctant to do so.

Lowjiber
    Participant
    @Lowjiber

No one who has been around a while wants to admit it. However, Graves Company is for all practical purposes dead. They don’t answer the phone; they don’t reply to legitimate emails; and they certainly do not deliver products ordered on-line… I can personally “testify” to all of the above.

davidechols
    Participant
    @davidechols

Really sad news. The little Graves mk4 was my introduction to faceting. All being said it was a good machine for most hobbyist at a reasonable price.

acrisp1982
    Participant
    @ACrisp1982

Yea I tried ordering from Graves in Feb 2020 and nothing, no email or call, or anything. Wish someone would buy them and make it better. Could be a profitable business.

ursusmaj
    Participant
    @ursusmaj

In May of 2019 I actually was able to speak with someone on the phone at Graves about my Mark IV. It was in storage for a long while and the turntable was stiff and the motor probably need new bushes. I would have tried to take the motor out, but but it would have meant cutting one of the brackets that was welded to the frame. At any rate they said to send the machine in and they would take a look. I kept the mast and head and the tank and sent the machine to them. Predo, who ever that was, signed for the machine. That was the last I ever heard from them. I tried both the Better Business Bureau, the Fla. Dept of Agriculture, who also takes care of consumer complaints, all to no avail. I wrote them letters, tried calling, no success. For a $1300 machine, it’s probably not worth a lawyer. I cut some great stones on that machine years ago. They were evaluated by a 46th St, NYC jeweler as good or better than a professional cut. Hate to give up on it.

gemstonechrisb
    Participant
    @gemstonechrisb

I placed an order Tuesday and it was shipped yesterday. Should arrive tomorrow. I was expecting a long wait, but was pleasantly surprised!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.